Feeling like you have to change who you are in scenarios lacking representation? Not sure how to handle difficult situations? Self doubt creeping in and blocking your success?
You’re not alone! Fortunately, there are steps towards a happier, more welcoming life doing what you love.
This week’s guest, Carol Umanzor, a First-gen Salvadoran Scientist, Teacher, Founder, NSF Grant recipient and Emotional wellness coach, highlights how the past 20 years of life experiences shaped her emotional wellness journey.
She dealt with stereotype stress in college and Grad school, imposter syndrome in Research Labs and aggravating classroom scenes as a Science teacher.
Her personal strength and yes, stubbornness, got her through but she soon realized they also took a hard toll on her life and wellbeing. All the years of research had given Carol huge amounts of data to help other women avoid burnout and stay true to themselves.
So, Carol started her own business and Podcast, Born to Be Seen, to help others practice self celebration, love and compassion by building a toolkit of actions to prepare before, during and after tough situations.
✨ Listen as she illuminates how:
- Her mother’s influence on becoming a scientist
- Identify bias and isolation for Women of Color in Science
- Overcome Stereotype Threat and Imposter Syndrome
- Reparent Yourself to feel worthy through compassion and forgiveness
- Build a Safe Haven to nurture emotional well being for yourself and by others
- Emotional wellness tools for before, during and after difficult situations
- You are not alone in your feelings
- Overcome Imposter Syndrome by celebrating your accomplishments
- Use this power to create an inclusive and supportive work community
- Nurture your wellbeing through self love and compassion tools
- Stay true to who you are, regardless of the situation
Connect with Carol on IG @btobseen
🔬 🧬 🔬 🧬 🔬 🧬 🔬 🧬 🔬 🧬 🔬 🧬 🔬 🧬 🔬 🧬 🔬 🧬 🔬 🧬
Consuelo is a first gen Peruvian, structural engineer and mother who encourages Latinas to authentically speak their truth by embracing their cultural identity, a source of fiery strength and profound joy.
Connect with Consuelo
Catch up at LifeLnxx.com to take your life to the next level and share your story.